Thursday 25 July 2013

The fur (or hair) is flying!

Kris and Brennan before
Brennan and Kris after
 There has been a lot of hair flying around here lately.  As soon as Justin's hair started to come out, he told me it was time to shave it off.  Well, it seems he has started a trend around here.  In the past few weeks we have seen so many bald, or nearly bald, heads around these parts.  It started with Justin's friend, Daniel, who showed up at our door with his hair shaved even before Justin had lost his.  Next, it was friends Reiss and Travis.  After many days of nagging me about it, Ryan followed soon after.  The day I shaved Justin's head, my Dad and Trevor joined the bald squad.  Our neighbour Noah and my brother-in-law James were next. And it continues.  My clippers have been used so much over the past few days that I'm going to have to retire them and buy some new ones.  The other night, Brennan and his friend Kris decided it was time to join the ranks.  Kris has had long, curly locks ever since he was a wee tot so for him to take this stand for Justin was huge!  Last night, our neighbour Dason called and said he was ready to go for it and wanted Justin and Ryan to do the honours.  Since we do the "haircuts" out on our driveway, we do gather some attention.  Neighbours from across the street, Jim and his son Brent, wandered over and lined up at the chair for their turn.  I could probably start a hair salon in my house and do quite well, if I were to charge for it! The hair shedding will continue on July 30th as the La Salle Community Fellowship Youth Group is having a Head Shaving night for those who want to support Justin in this way.  We continue to be blessed by people who are showing their love and support for Justin.  To top it off, Justin is feeling better and better every day!


                                                                                                       Dason during and after (above)
           
 
James before and after
 
Brent, Justin and Jim
The Crew
Back Row:  My Dad (Tom), Brennan, Trevor, Kris
Front Row:  Ryan, Justin, Noah
 

No comments:

Post a Comment