Thursday 18 July 2013

People are just good

A couple of days ago, a friend of mine brought over a box for Justin.  It's roughly 15x13x12 inches in size.  It's beautiful; covered with blue paper, silver metal trim and 3D red letters on the top that say VICTORIOUS.  On one side is a verse; "Don't be afraid for I am with you.  Don't be discouraged for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you.  I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." Isaiah 41:10   Inside the box are several gifts; some wrapped, some not.  They have been placed inside the box from people all over our community.  People Justin may or may not even know. The idea behind this VICTORIOUS Box is that whenever Justin is feeling down, he can reach inside this box and choose a gift.  These gifts were specially chosen to inspire Justin and lift his spirits when he needs a boost.  I come to tears every time I think about or look at this box.  This box that has been filled with things to help make my 'little boy' feel better in his time of need.  This box that has been filled by people who take time out of their busy lives to care enough about my 'little boy'.  I think about this box and I am filled to overflowing.  This journey is showing us many things, but one of the biggest things we are being shown is that people are good.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see you have started a post Trish. And I agree that people in our community are incredibly kind and generous, having been at the receiving end myself at one point in my life. That verse is so powerful! Always remember, even when you don't feel victorious, you and your family are being held by a God that always is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! One thing we do with verses that we want to keep on our minds is to write them on the windows and mirrors in our home with Crayola Window Writers. Might be a great thing we can add to the box. :)

    ReplyDelete