Friday 9 August 2013

The Power of Prayer

We got the best possible news today at Justin's pre-chemo appointment.  The radiologist's report from yesterday's CT scan showed that the tumour has shrunk about 70% and it has shrunk away from his spinal column!  Also, Justin had several nodules present in both lungs on his last scan and they are now GONE!!!  The doctor showed us the pictures of the scan and it is amazing.  On the first one, you could barely see his left lung because the tumour was pushing so far into the lung cavity and now the tumour is just a small spot at the bottom of the picture.  The doctor said that after only 2 courses of chemotherapy that this is exceptional.  I have to confess that I haven't always believed in the power of prayer.  I have prayed for many things over the years with no apparent answer.  Maybe the things I have been asking for haven't been big enough; important enough.  Or maybe God did answer them, but it just wasn't the answer I wanted.  With this news, I can't see any other way around it.  I am convinced that this is a direct answer to prayer.  There have been so many people praying for this result.  Matthew 18:19 says, "Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven."  There have definitely been enough people asking God for this.  I am so thankful that I have this hope and now this increased faith.  How horrible it must be for people to go through this kind of thing with nothing to hold onto.  I can't even imagine.  I have felt despair and fear throughout this journey, but I cried out to God to help us through this and heal my son.  He has heard this prayer over and over again from many, many people and He is listening.  He is responding.  He is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment